Customer Service was not good,the cashier was the store manager.I BOUGHT IN A ITEM ONLY 5.99 PLUS TAX TO GET A REFUND WAS GOING TO PURCHASE MORE BUT GOT UPSET,I HAD MY RECEIPT FROM YESTERDAY,I GAVE IT TO HIM ,THEN HE ASKED FOR MY I.D. SO I GAVE IT TO HIM I ASKED HIM SO IF YOU HAVE A RECEIPT YOU STILL ASK FOR I.D. HE SAID YES THEY JUST STARTED THAT TO TRACK RETURNS SO I SAID OK BUT MY SON IN COASTGUARD SHOP KIRKLANDS ALL THE TIME SO I CALLED HIM WHILE IN STORE AND ASKED HI,M DO HE KNOW ABOUT THAT NEW RULE HE SAID NO WAY MOM IF YOU HAD YOUR RECEIPT THAT SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPEN,WITH MY SON ON PHONE I ASKED THE GUY AGAIN WHY HE SAID BECAUSE HE COULD NOT READ THE NUMBER ON THE BARCODE TO SCAN MY RECEIPT I SAID THATS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME THATS THE RECEIPT THEY GAVE ME YESTERDAY AND THATS TO WITH ME.I SAID YOU REALLY HAVE OFFENDED ME.I SAID I WAS GOING TO BUY MORE BUT NOW I AM NOT AND I WILL BE CALLING YOUR HOME OFFICE,RUDE MANAGER

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Other stores do NOT do this! Kirklands is in the stone ages then wirth returns. Alot of stores now, they can pull up your sale without a receipt, will credit your CC no problem.

If the computer cannot read/scan the receipt, they have to do it manually. The reason why it won't scan is mist likely the receipt it old, faded, torn, crinkled, etc....

When the receipt is entered manually, an ID is REQUIRED TO PROCEED!!! Yes, you had receipt.

Yes you will get refund in amount and method you paid, BUT because YOUR receipt was unscanable, the POS requires a valid ID. There is NO WAY to bypass this at the POS.

It’s standard practice now that stores get your ID when you make a return, that is how they track returns to make sure you aren’t an avid returner.