1.7

Today I had my first ever Kirkland’s experience. The nearest store is two hours from my home so it’s not a trip I make frequently.

I found a TV stand that I loved and purchased it. I spent the rest of the day purchasing things that matched it and filled up my friend’s vehicle (because none of it would have fit in mine...which becomes relevant later). I got home to find out they sent me home with the wrong piece of furniture. I called, assuming they would find a way to make it right.

Their solution was for me to drive the two hours back to Columbus to make an exchange. They offered me $50 (which barely covered the cost of gas, plus I wasted half a day making the trip). Also I had to borrow a vehicle that would accommodate the furniture. After they made this offer, I was still unhappy so I called customer service.

The representative apologized but said she was unable to do anything. What’s the point of customer service if you can’t help the customers? I’m still unsure. Mistakes happen and I totally understand that.

But when your mistake causes this much of an inconvenience for a customer, you need to find a way to rectify the situation.

I went to Kirkland’s to make the exchange and I will not be back. Customer service is everything and theirs leaves a lot to be desired.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kirklands Customer Care.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 07.

Comments