Because I moved in the last three weeks, I updated my phone number and address, in my account profile on the website account manager. I then ordered some items for my new townhouse. My credit limit is $900. My account even has a balance of $23. When I ordered my latest items, the order went through as always. Been ordering from Kirkland’s for 4 years. Two days after I ordered, I receive an email telling me my order has been cancelled!

I call customer service who tell me I must call my credit card company to find out what the problem is. I tell them I used the Kirkland credit card. They say call the credit card company, that is all we can say. Ooh, must be bad!

So, I call Wells Fargo, get passed along to a Customer Rep in the Credit Card Protection Dept who informs me that due to the recent address change, my account at Kirkland’s was flagged for new address and phone change. This requires me to send them a copy of my driver’s license, a utility bill, and lease.

I told the Customer Protection Rep they are not protecting my account.! They are making me prove I am not a fraudster! They are making me feel less protected and less valuable! They are putting me through hoops to prove I am who I say I am. How dare you they put me, their customer of four years, who just updated my personal information, to such trials to get my order processed and shipped!

I told the rep I will discontinue any relationship with Wells Fargo and with Kirkland’s from now on. I will take my business elsewhere. I have ordered over $2500 in these last four years at two different addresses. How dare this be the new “ customer protection” method!! Bye bye...Kirkland’s and Wells Fargo!

Product or Service Mentioned: Kirklands Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Apology, change of policy regarding address change update .

I liked: I like the store and its products.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 02.

Comments