2.7

I have been a loyal shopper at Kirklands in several states. Recently however, I found out the hard way about the K Club loyalty program loophole.

The program encourages you to shop there because once you spend $300 you receive a $10 reward. This is wonderful; or so they would have you believe. However, what they don't tell you is that if you don't like what you purchased when you finally earned and used your reward, then you are screwed because that sale is more or less final. In other words, if you purchase a $12 vase and use your $10 reward so that you pay $2, take it home to see how it fits your decor, and take it back the next day to exchange it for something else, you will only get $2 credit toward your new purchase.

In other words you can use your reward once - and if you don't like what you bought - tough s***. Certainly it makes no sense to refund money you did not spend, but this is NOT what I am talking about - you can't even EXCHANGE what you purchased for something else within 24 hours which is precisely what I wanted to do. Anyways, that will be last purchase; I just wish I had known in advance. Make sure you really want what you get with your reward, because if you don't.....so much for that long journey toward $300.

Also, don't expect to hear back from corporate when you email them. I have emailed 3 times and I have never heard one word from them. ALSO, they currently have 2 different "front ends" online so you may be logged into one of them but not your k clubs account so that when you purchase online, you may receive no points because 'the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing'.

I like the stores merchandise, but I have never had the complicated shopping experiences I have had with this store in the last 3 months.

This use to be a great company. NOT ANY MORE.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "deceptive marketing" of kirklands k club rewards program and associated monetary loss in the amount of $10. Kirklands needs to "i want my product exchanged for something i actually want!" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned kirklands k club rewards program in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Kirklands.

Comments

They are not the only store that does this. Jc penney does it also.

Read the FAQs about kclub. It's all there.

You can only use reward once! Plus every return takes away points!

Exactly what I went through tonight! So upset!!! They need to warn every customer before they spend their rewards.

Just return without receipt and get store credit for the full amount.